Saturday, August 21, 2004

Is Not the Destination is the Journey You Take!

It has been a couple of weeks since school started; I still remember my first day of school I was excited, nervous, and sad. Because this is my senior year therefore, after this year I will never step foot here at Sunset High School as a student ever again (at least I hope I do not have to step foot as a student here at Sunset ever again). So on the first day of school during the ten-minute car ride to school I started remembering my previous years here at Sunset. In particular my freshman year, when I was lost and confused most of the year, but it also was the year when I realized that I was no longer a child, I was considered a “young adult" and now I was thrown into a whole new world where being cool was the priority and not A's, B's, or C's.
A world where alcohol, drugs, and sex, were now being integrated as a part of our daily lives and not just something we watch on TV or movies. A world where one decision can turn your life 180 degrees around one of two ways: it may allow you to grow and mature as a person, or it can take you down a path you never wanted to go down in the first place. So as the school year begins whether you are freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, think of the decisions you make each and everyday and if you realize that the path your going down now might lead you to a deep hole, then give your decisions a second thought. As you put this into perspective remember that the decisions you do not make are as important as the decisions you do make!
As I arrived to school the first day I saw that everthing had change that all around me there were restriction and limition to the freedom that I once enjoyed because of construction there were one way hallways, fences blocking the expedient path
I feel like a prisoner, yet I am as free as the wind at morning sunrise. I can go anywhere I am as free as a bird, but then I realize that the freedom I appreciate and enjoy has been greatly reduce by fences, piles of dirt, chains and locks. They stand in my way and remind me of the Berlin wall. This wall is tall, solid, and unbreakable, I try desperately to go through this wall, but my efforts are in vain. This wall is made of stones as big and as strong as the Roman coliseum, but instead of battling with lions and tigers I battle against myself! I battle with the stones that are disseminated all around me, I try to escape, but the fences and locks and chains do not let up and I am force to find another way around and as time waste I get anxious and try to find shortcuts, but is impossible once again I am left defeated by the stones, locks and chains. There are blocks everywhere that hindered my path and make it is very excruciating for me to get to my destination. The obstacles in my way force me to go the extra mile and I stop to think what will our lives be like without these hardships of life! After five minutes that to me seem as an eternity, I find a way around the stones, locks, and chains, but only to find that I have to walk another half mile to get to my destination. By now I feel thirsty and slightly tired and in a rut. I feel as if I been walking through the deserts of Egypt with a hot blazing sun I perspire like a pig on a hot summer day. I hear voices in my head begging and pleading for water, but I cannot stop, not now I know that every minute is as valuable as a diamond that shines from a mile away. I finally make it to my destination with a vast amount of perspiration enough to fill a whole river. Then after fifty minutes the cycle repeats all over again, how long will this torture continue? Only time will tell until then I must keep fighting this battle and hope that someday the obstacles that hinder my path will turn into experiences I can use to succeed in this very difficult road of life!

8 Comments:

Blogger aguila said...

My title is: Is not the destination that matters is the jouney you take!

5:37 PM  
Blogger aguila said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:37 PM  
Blogger aguila said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:37 PM  
Blogger J. Grimes said...

Title: Deconstructing Construction

6:52 PM  
Blogger Noemi said...

Leave it titless. I thought about 20 titles already and I barely read this like a minute ago.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://uxakfdws.com/dnox/zppg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lgznayos.com/lhze/wnpg.html]Cool site[/url]

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://uxakfdws.com/dnox/zppg.html | http://yvoiylng.com/band/zdey.html

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video Codes By VideoCodeZone