Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Austin College Tour and Interview

On Tuesday I had to wake up really early to meet Mr. Locke outside his portable to go to Austin College for my tour and interview. We were talking about things ranging from acadec, my interview, and my future. After about an hour an 30 minutes we got to Austin College (AC). We took a tour around AC and the college actually seem really nice and cozy. The guy that gave us the tour said that the classes are generally about 18 people, which is pretty cool I think.
Then after the tour I went straight in to my interview, it was a one on one deal I think I did pretty well the guy actually said he was impress with my answers and I was like alright. Then we went to lunch in the college's cafeteria which was really good I had a three plates. I had to take advantage it was all you can eat so I took them up on that.
We then went to the book store and afterwards talk to a few more people and we came back home, I was feeling pretty confident in myself after we left, but the decision is still up in the air. I do think I have a pretty good shoot and if I don't get in, which I hope I do at least I know I gave it my best shot.
On the way back we talk about how thinks went and about the people we saw there and the overall atmosphere of the college. In the end all those hours I practice for the acadec interview paid off, I just hope the end result will be as big as the effort will see and if not is not the end of the world, but it will definately be very dissapointing.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Victor. Hey did it scare you at all? It sure has scared me every time I visit a campus. Like when I went with Rocio to Columbia, there was a bunch of Asian kids all over the place and they were all talking correctly. Intimidating. Yeah well keep posting. -Noemi

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No it didn't really scare me, I felt comfortable there. It was cool because they said you can call your proffesor by his first name and Mr. Locke was like that's weird which was really funny to me. Then I asked him if I can call him Neal, but he said not until I graduate. There was this one girl who was going along with us in the tour that said she had a nanny that went to Austin College, that was about the most interesting thing to me.
Above all I made about two or three friends a lunch lady and a janitor so I am already making friends in low key, but very important places just in case I ever need them. Overall it was a good tour and a great campus to me. -Victor

1:46 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Your trip sounded great Victor. What other colleges have you applied to or thinking about? Well you are an interesting and intelligent person. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of school and a great start in college. Keep up the great work, you're doing fine.

6:41 PM  
Blogger J. Grimes said...

I'm glad it went well--let us know as soon as you hear anything!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://vjnvsdrq.com/wyhk/neco.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rpyypejz.com/zzma/waga.html]Cool site[/url]

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://vjnvsdrq.com/wyhk/neco.html | http://fdfsyltr.com/stov/pkzz.html

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video Codes By VideoCodeZone